1. An entrepreneur agrees: 'To get rich is glorious'
2. Free expression grows in China (just don't talk politics)
3. A Westerner grows up in China
4. A Chinese peasant goes to town on capitalism
5. Earnings wither in the Chinese countryside
6. Pastor's private worship puts him under public scrutiny
China's Communist Party cautiously celebrates its reforms
Friday, December 26, 2008
Six lives in a new China
An excellent, albeit short, 6-part series from CSM on the impact of China's economic reform after 30 years. China has truly changed for better or for worse, and let's just hope that one day, the change may not only be superficial but something which is more serious, such as enabling greater human rights and closing in the gap between the rich and the poor.