Friday, December 30, 2005

The capitalization of a blogging friendly environment and the dark side of blogging

Greedy bloggers like me (a technically inclined freak) tend to capitalize on something so innocent as a web blog. After spending few minutes browsing other blogs (by clicking on the "Next Blog" button of the Blogger Navbar, which is located at the uppermost right of this blog) I've concluded that it is in human nature that we can't resist the attractiveness of the online advertising (i.e. we're the culprit and greedy bunch).

I've done so myself with Google Adsense (as you've definitely noticed on the sidebars and what's right below the title bar), on the very second day I start blogging. But it is not as sinister as what other bloggers have done. For example this blogger (should I call her blogger at all?) has turned her site into a complete online retail shop, with external links to online stores. If you looked at her personal profile, you will realise that she's got one of each kind of shops you'll ever need. Note: I differentiate this from a conventional business blog because at least a business blog would care to describe the goods and services they provide, and sometimes even care to log them as a traditional blog.

There're more sites like that, including:
1. Sale of DVD's and more from this blogger
2. How to Make Money Fast
3. Yet another how to make money fast, online (mega wealthy they called) here
4. Ok, this is weird, there're a few sites like this, descriptive headers but non-sense content, maybe a code generator, a worm, a virus?
5. Online game rentals
6. More to come if I find them...

Other bloggers have done worst with site pop-ups before linking to their blogs (I dare not post, but if you navigate few more blogs I bet you'll encounter a them, as I had). You can neither go back nor navigate to the next blog.

So, what has happened to the blogging community? Is this where the next eBay comes down to? By imposing shops as blogs to attract potential bloggers and thus plagues the blogging community?

If Blog Police is out there. Hear me! Please do something before this is getting out of hand!

If you're not blogging and/or sharing pictures, why bother? Please kindly remove yourself and your idiocy from the blogging community.

No comments: