Saturday, November 15, 2008

Working 24/7

So far in my life I have met two post-doctoral researchers, one playful, one workaholic. The playful one has a girlfriend, a life, friends, colleagues and professors to support. He has a steady job in a well-known communications company in the Lower Mainland, Vancouver. The workaholic is alone, emotionally desperate, single, no friends beside other colleagues, no friends besides the work circle, lives the life of a prisoner (not kidding, literally like a prisoner) and is bounded to his research. I just sincerely hope that once I have walk down this path of being a doctoral student that I would not become a workaholic, working 24/7, but enjoying life and what has been given to us, the privileged earthlings, from God.

I sincerely hope that the research I will endow upon will not bind me but free me from all eternity and beyond. May God, the Almighty, provide me with the strength to carry on the work I do but not to imprison what are rightfully mine.

No comments: