Sunday, February 07, 2010

Me, myself, and my dreadful landlord

After enduring for almost 2 and half year, I'm finally fed up with my current landlord and I will move to a different place that cheaper and is free of landlord's interference. I should have done this earlier but I was anticipating the possibility of moving into the adjacent room that is quieter and warmer than my existing room. The place I live in is semi-basement, double tenant occupancy, shared kitchen and bathroom with another tenant, nearby the south entrance of the UVic, and the landlord family lives upstairs with shared entrance and shared laundry.

Although it may seem nice in the beginning with spacious open place, in the close vicinity to the university, and under the companionship of "friendly" tenants, but unbeknown to the naive tenant, the room is cold and extremely noisy due to single-layer window and the house being located right on the street of the busy Cedar Hill Cross Road. Now, if it is just noisy and cold, that would be alright, I can survive, but you would also have to content with the "friendly" landlord, who turns out not friendly at all, but a vicious bunch, especially the female one, with demands and acts of revenge especially when you are trying to exert your full tenant right. By full tenant right I meant by staying at a place which is warm, friendly and free of "trouble." The worst thing the landlord can do is complain that you are wasting his electricity when it is he who should have looked after potential tenant's wellbeing and have foretold or solved this chilly issue before the unit is being advertise for rent. Now, that would be alright if a heater is given to the tenant for use, but the landlord somberly complains once again when the heater is used on a regular basis. And, not to mention the phone which she initially said you may use in case of emergency, but when you started to use sparingly she cut the line off, yet secretly revived the line when you no longer use.

The worst thing which she uses as a revenge for "bad" tenant behavior is the preferential treatment of tenants which I despise the most. It would have been alright if she is honest and give equal treatment to all tenants, but she goes great length to deceive and lie especially when you are also in the house and she is about to give favor to the other "favorite" tenant. By "favor," I meant chocolates, candies, cereal, instant coffee, sugar, ice cream, soft drink, cookies, chips, and other stuff she has made, which are all "supposedly" can not be bought in China, bullshit! She is a great cook I admit, probably the only good virtue of hers. Even alright if she is honest and do what she does. She calls herself a follower of Buddhism but I really take pity on how Buddhism taught her to deceive and be a perverted woman she is now of no conscience whatsoever. It really saddens me to see how Buddhism have brought up her moral line as it is now twisted and degraded beyond recognition. And, I really take pity on her son and daughter for having to content with this kind of greedy mother of no sympathy and no leadership skill.

Moreover, what I don't understand is that I'm paying the monthly rent in "cash" which means they get $5,760 of tax-free income per year, $13,890 for the entirety of my stay, and yet they are still complaining. So, screw you, I'm moving to another place with a cheaper rent, warmer place, and with no interference from the landlord.

Her last name is Fung, and if you happen to stumble upon the post for unit 2053 on that street, do not bother responding. You will save a lot of trouble in the long run.

Happy Chinese New Year, everyone.

speed_demon

No comments: